We all would write different things If we made a quick list of the things that we are afraid of, but if there is something that surely would not be missing from anyone’s list, it would be the fear of the passage of time.
Time is surely one of our greatest fears, because we know that it can never be changed and that what has already happened can never be recovered. The idea of aging terrifies many women and men as well.
A person who reached the age of 60 can give somebody who is half their age some wise advice that helps to rethink many things. And what is better than getting an advice of someone who has reached that age?
A 60-year-old woman, Margaret Manning, who has already passed through the ages of 30, 40 and 50 and who, according to the experiences collected throughout her life, was able to develop, with the help of other women at her age, a series of tips that she wanted to share with everyone in a community created by herself called “Sixty and Me”.
She stopped working when she was 60 and decided that she wanted to do something else with her life. The idea of making a list of tips for 30-year-old women came up when she was still working. She noticed the anxiety that these young women had with the idea of getting older.
Know these useful 60 tips!
1) With each experience, stay positive and try to see the good side.
2) Remember that you only have one life. It is not a general rehearsal so take advantage of it!
3) Live the present, here and now.
4) Always remember that everything can change at any moment.
5) Live fully every day of your life because you never know what will happen tomorrow.
6) Love every moment and do not be afraid to go through different situations. Each stage of your life is magical.
7) The future has not yet arrived and life is too short to worry about him. Live today!
8) Live intensely the present and the now. Doing this while still young will help you when you reach 60 years old.
9) Enjoy the nature!Do not get locked up.
10) Look for a job or a hobby that provokes different sensations throughout your life and that makes you live different experiences.
11) Do not change, be yourself. Age with dignity!
12) Age in a positive way. Do not avoid getting old.
13) Aging implies changes. Accept these changes in your body and in your mind.
14) Being faithful and honest with yourself is a slow process, but it’s worth it!
15) Keep memories as testimonies of your life, but always keep your feet on the ground.
16) Virginia Woolf was right when she said that a woman needed 500 dollars and a room of one’s own.
17) Society marks stereotypes about aging. Forget them!
18) Worry more about not getting bored than getting old.
19) Age is just a bunch of numbers and does not define who you are as a person.
20) Even if we do not like it, time is relentless and does not stop. Live it fully!
21) Never stop looking for sources of inspiration.
22) Cultivate yourself, read, travel and learn. Never stop training.
23) You will always be well dressed if you buy classic clothes.Do not worry about fashion.
24) Do not spend fortunes on shoes because men never look at your feet.
25) Do not try to fill your gaps with people or useless things.
26) We all have our own inner light. Let’s shine in a lively, real and conscious way.
27) Do not worry about wrinkles. Imagine that they are like the road maps of your life.
28) Live with passion, love, with an open heart and attentive eyes. Being happy is not difficult
29) Live thinking that the best is yet to come.
30) Do not complicate your little moments of pleasure. enjoy them.
31) Love and respect your partner and your children in the same way you would want them to do it with you.
32) Love on a freeway and without conditions.
33) The right time to have children is when you want them.
34) Be tolerant of yourself and those around you.
35) Do not deprive yourself of taking pictures. Your loved ones will not always be there and you will be happy to see them.
36) Learn to forgive the younger ones.
37) Get rid of your anger and your grudges. Be always grateful and let happiness fill your life.
38) This is fundamental! Keep your closest friends.
39) Value your loved ones. They will always be there for you.
40) Never go to sleep angry with yourself or with others.
41) Do not let a day go by without telling your partner, your children, your family and your friends that you love them.
42) Appreciate and enjoy your beauty! At 30 you are already a real woman.
43) Do not waste time worrying about things you can not change. Instead of doing that, change the things that you can change.
44) Get away from the relationships that hurt you as soon as possible. No matter how hard you try, you can never change to another.
45) Take care of your skin but never stop smiling.
46) Never speak ill of yourself and always trust your instinct.
47) Do not take into account what you can not control and be patient with yourself.
48) Do not lock yourself in the seriousness. Learn to laugh at yourself.
49) Find a little time for yourself every day.
50) Just be yourself. No one is perfect.
51) If you choose to have children, love them; but never try to be a perfect mother.
52) Children are capable of teaching many things. Allow your child to be your teacher.
53) Be brave, learn to be self-sufficient and independent. Develop your own resources. Do not depend on anyone.
54) Do not let yourself be overcome by fear.
55) Never leave spirituality aside.
56) Even when it’s a bad day there is always something good to learn. Never stop being grateful.
57) Aging has a positive side: you have fewer responsibilities and more freedom. Enjoy this!
58) With age and experience, struggling is easier. Take advantage of it!
59) Never allow someone to tell you that you are too old or too young to do something. That is your decision!
60) Aging should not make you afraid. It is another moment of life in which you will feel good because nature prepares us for each stage we must live.
At this point, you probably already discovered that these tips are for anyone who has a misconception about the idea of aging.
The resources to achieve it are in our hands! Each age is a different stage to which we must adapt and with which we should feel good.
Share this with your closest. All experiences are important!