Varicose veins are not a serious health condition, it is more an aesthetic issue, even though in some cases may mean a cardiovascular issue. It is commonly manifested by inflamed and swollen veins generally appearing on the legs. The common treatment for this condition is one of a surgical type; however it can be solved also in the most natural way.
Many factors can contribute to the appearance of varicose veins, and some of them are genetics, pregnancy, physical inactivity and weight issues. Commonly they appear when people are starting to approach the fifties, and most of them try to treat them with expensive creams and when that does not help they treat them surgically. Nevertheless, there are many natural treatments which can help with this issue, so before you turn to surgery try some of the following natural treatments:
- Incorporate an anti-inflammatory diet – since it contains foods rich in anti-oxidants and fiber that can reduce the inflammation.
- Blueberries – can treat varicose veins quickly and efficiently. These berries can lower the swelling and fluid retention and can be consumed as tea or taken in capsules.
- Essential oils – have the ability to fight off the inflammation and improve the circulation in the veins, and at the same time stabilizing the levels of the hormones. As per experts cypress oil is a great treatment against varicose veins. For that reason, mix 3 to 5 drops of cypress oil with some coconut oil and then rub the afflicted areas each morning for a few weeks. This mixture of oils will help you with this issue and they will be gone quickly and efficiently.
14 Anti-inflammatory Foods That Can Treat Varicose Veins
- BeetsThis root is packed with anti-oxidants that have the ability to thin blood and fight inflammation. Beetroots are also rich in vitamin C.
- BerriesThis fruit has potent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory features thus making them ideal in the treatment of varicose veins.
- Cayenne pepperCayenne pepper has in its content an ingredient known as capsaicin which also incorporates strong anti-inflammatory properties which can treat varicose veins and other inflammatory issues in the body.
- Coconut oilIt is extremely beneficial oil high in lauric acid, which is an anti-inflammatory agent that can reduce inflammation and treat various health issues.
- FishMost fish are packed with powerful anti-inflammatory compounds like the omega-3 fatty acids.
- Green vegetables
These are great natural foods high in special enzymes, phytochemicals and other nutrients that can enhance and repair cells. According to experts a glass of green vegetable juice every day can improve your blood circulation and prevent varicose veins.
- GingerThis remarkable root has in its content gingerols and other phytonutrients that have the ability to treat inflammatory diseases like gout and arthritis.
- GarlicIt is considered to be a super food packed with essential nutrients and enzymes which are doing wonders for your health. Garlic has the ability to inhibit the production of cytokines in the body thereby lowering inflammation.
- HerbsHerbs taken as tea can treat inflammation in the body and lower the risk of varicose veins. For this issue, you can try rosemary and sage tea.
- MushroomsMushrooms are also a natural anti-inflammatory agent that can effectively treat varicose veins.
- Seeds and nutsSunflower seeds are great source of anti-oxidants and vitamin E which have the ability to fight off inflammation and also repair the damaged cells in the body. Furthermore, all nuts and seeds are abundant in minerals, vitamins, amino acids, protein, and healthy fats which are great for the cardiovascular and overall health.
- TomatoesThis vegetable shows anti-inflammatory properties combined with the bioflavonoids and carotenoids making it an efficient anti-inflammatory agent.
- TurmericTurmeric is a remarkable spice containing powerful compounds thanks to which the inflammation is substantially reduced in the body and in that way the varicose veins are quickly being treated.
Source: staynaturallyhealthy ,